Weekly Education Leaders Call
In the 2021-2022 school year, ADE started weekly calls with school leaders to discuss topics timely to COVID-19 and federal recovery funds. As we begin the 2022-2023 school year, these weekly conversations will shift from solely related to COVID-19 to including a more comprehensive range of subjects relevant to school leaders. These conversations will consist of resources available to schools and families through ADE. The materials and agendas for these calls can be found below.
Invitations with meetings links are emailed to school administrators. School leaders and administrators may join the Weekly Ed Leaders Calls invite list here. All school leaders, including principals or administrators, are welcome to join these meetings, especially if the topic is relevant to your work.
Wednesday, December 7th
Learn more about the Arizona Business Education Coalition's Career Exploration Project, intended to help middle schoolers develop their career identity and transition to high school. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, November 30th
Learn more about the Center for the Future of Arizona's Education Initiatives: Pathways to Prosperity & School Participatory Budgeting. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, November 16th
Learn more about statewide FAFSA efforts. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, November 2nd
Our School Safety and Social Wellness team will discuss their programs and services. View their PowerPoint.
Wednesday, October 26th
Our Office of Indian Education and Native Scholars program discusses their latest projects. View their PowerPoint.
Wednesday, October 19th
Our Exceptional Student Services team discussed IDEA American Rescue Plan funds. View their PowerPoint.
Wednesday, October 12th
Two of our American Rescue Plan School and Community Grantees, the BARR Center and Mindfulness First, shared information about how their initiatives support student wellbeing.
Wednesday, October 5th
Our Early Childhood Education (ECE) team shared their ongoing work around preschool services for children with disabilities. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, September 28th
One of our Arizona American Rescue Plan School and Community Grantees Junior Achievement joined to discuss their Inspire program and how educators can get involved. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, September 21st
The Arizona Department of Education presented new SEL resources on the Arizona Arts Standards website, a partnership between ADE and the Arizona Commission on the Arts. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, September 14th
Arizona Department of Education's Certification and Educator Recruitment and Retention team and NAU's Arizona K12 Center shared our Arizona Beginning Teacher Induction Standards partnership.
Wednesday, September 7th
One of ADE's recipients of federal recovery dollars, the PAXIS Institute, presented their evidence-based self-management and self-regulation system, the PAX Good Behavior Game. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, August 31st
ADE colleagues in Grants Management and our Homeless Education team presented on various topics, including the ARP II Homeless Children and Youth Grant. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, August 24th
The ADE Office of Digital Teaching and Learning presented several exciting initiatives that address student data privacy, cybersecurity concerns, and more. View the PowerPoint.
Wednesday, August 17th
The Arizona Student Opportunity Collaborative and Jobs for Arizona Graduates presented post-secondary preparation options for schools and students. Both are recipients of Arizona's American Rescue Plan School and Community Grant.
- The Helios Education Foundation and WestEd presented a report on Chronic Absenteeism in Arizona.
- The Center for Recruitment and Retention of Mathematics Teachers at the University of Arizona presented an overview of its Getting Real Program.
- ADE provided an overview on Summer Learning and shared tools and resources.
- The ASU Helios Decision Center for Educational Excellence presented an overview of the Postsecondary Feedback Reports tool.
- ADE Health and Nutrition Services provided updates on School Meal Program Waivers and USDA Strategies.
- ADE presented updates on the SPED Cost Study.
- ADE provided a review of the new ESSER Data Reporting Requirements. Visit our ESSER Data Reporting page for more details.
- Vitalyst Health Foundation presented an overview of the Spark Report and affordable housing resources for LEAs and educators.
- Donors Choose presented their work in Arizona public schools.
- ADE Policy & Government Relations team presented updates about the ongoing 2022 Legislative Session.
- ADE staff discussed "Ensuring Access to Your IDEA Funds: Maintenance of Effort."
- ADE's School Safety & Social Wellness Team presented on the various grants available to LEAs, including the School Safety Grant.
- ADE's Office of Digital Teaching & Learning will discussed the results of the Opportunity Assessment & their team's next steps.
- ADE's Assessement team provided updates as schools head into testing season.
January 16th, 2022
- ADE staff presented on the upcoming ESSER III February 1st Deadline.
- ADE's 21st Century Community Learning Centers team presented ahead of the Cycle 18 Competition, which opens on January 24, 2022.
December 1st, 2021
ADE’s Unique Populations presented on the Arizona multilingual-learner (EL) students graduation rate.
November 17, 2021
- PAXIS Institute provided an overview of their evidence-based SEL strategies now available to Arizona educators & schools.
- Dr. Elliott of Tucson Medical Center & AzAAP discussed outreach efforts to support vaccination in school communities, "Promoting Immunization Against Covid-19 for Kids (PICK)"
November 10, 2021
November 3, 2021
- Homeless Youth Connection
October 27, 2021
October 13, 2021
October 6, 2021
- Creative ESSER Investments - Prioritizing Pandemic Relief Funds in Creighton Elementary School District
September 29, 2021
ESSER funding - Selecting and measuring the effectiveness of evidence-based practices, presented by WestEd.
September 22, 2021
- Educator Retention Strategies, presented by Dr. Suzanne Zentner
September 15, 2021
September 8, 2021
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Summer Professional Learning Opportunities from ADE
- Flyer - Re-engaging Aspirational Leaders
- Email [email protected] for more information
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Ed Leaders Call PPT
- Every Summer Counts: A Longitudinal Analysis of Outcomes from the National Summer Learning Project
- Shaping Summertime Experiences - Report Highlights
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- Recruitment and Retention Materials
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Ed Leaders Call PPT
- Healthy Kids Healthy Schools Social Media Kit
- Federal Retail Pharmacy Program (Vaccinations for Educators, School Staff, & Childcare Workers)
Wednesday, March 2, 2021
- FAQ: Executive Order 2021-4 (Open for In-Person Learning)
- Attestation of Compliance: EO 2021-4
Wednesday, February 25, 2021
- Ed Leaders Call PPT
- P-EBT One-Pager for School Leaders
- Arizona Virtual Teachers' Institute Presentation
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
- Ed Leaders Call PPT
- ED COVID-19 Handbook: Strategies for Safely Reopening Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools (CDC)
- K-12 Operational Strategy Overview
- Updated Science Brief