Arizona Department of Education
Federal Accountability ESSA Plan Revision Webinar
April 8, 2021
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Join us April 8 for a webinar to review proposed revisions in the Accountability and School Improvement
Sections of the AZ State ESSA Plan.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) is soliciting feedback on proposed revisions to Arizona’s ESSA Plan.
Our ESSA State Plan:
- Is the state’s response to the Every Student Succeeds Act, the federal law that allows the U.S. Government to support both national and local education goals with grants and other resources.
- Describes how Arizona identifies schools for support and improvement.
- Outlines Arizona’s system to make sure every student leaves twelfth grade ready for college and career.
- Reflects input from a variety of Arizona’s education stakeholders.
- Was developed in 2016-2017 and received full federal approval in September 2017.
- Was amended to revise accountability components in 2019- those modifications were approved January 2020.
Our State ESSA Plan is being revised because:
- Superintendent Hoffman has laid out a vision of equity for all students to achieve their full potential.
- ADE has made key changes that are reflected in the revised plan:
- Renewed focus on equity
- Established an educator recruitment and retention team
- Identified current initiatives supported through these federal programs
As it has been four (4) years since initial implementation, Arizona has had an opportunity to reflect and adjust. We value your input and look forward to sharing proposed changes during this webinar.
The webinar will be recorded and posted on the School Support and Improvement webpage http://www.azed.gov/improvement/ and the Accountability webpage https://www.azed.gov/accountability-research following the live presentation. After watching the webinar, we would appreciate any feedback on Title I, Part A.
Please contact us, Devon Isherwood or Wendy Davy, with any questions.