CTE Professional Development
What Is CTE Professional Development?
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Professional Development (PD) includes classes, courses, activities, and events needed for continuing education hours and to obtain a CTE teacher certification.
- PD supports the development of skills and knowledge used to enhance classroom instruction and delivery methods.
- PD can be offered by industry associations, professional organizations, postsecondary institutions, CTEDS, districts, and schools.
Application to offer ADE CTE Approved PD for Certification Semester Hour Credit.
ADE CTE approves professional development that is research based with clear learning objectives and rigor equivalent to postsecondary coursework.
- PD satisfies new teacher certificate deficiencies. Fifteen professional development clock hours equates to 1 semester hour (SH) of college coursework.
If you have a course that you would like evaluated for CTE PD Certification Credit, please complete the online Application.
- Applications should be submitted by May 1 or December 1 for consideration
- Applications are reviewed by an ADE CTE Certification Committee. Click here to view: Rubric
- Approved PD Certificates issued upon completion of the activity.
CTE Career Development Program Specialist
Arizona Department of Education
Career and Technical Education
Email: [email protected]
Desk: (602) 542-5540