Our goal in the Certification Unit is to serve each of our customers with the best possible customer service while completing the certification process. We understand there is heightened concern in regards to the COVID-19 virus, we also understand the desire and need to continue with assisting you, the public, with certification. The following are some options that will allow you to seek certification while maintaining “social distance” to decrease the chances of contracting/spreading the COVID-19 virus.
- To apply online, visit the AzEdCert page for directions and the link to the AzEDCert Educator Portal.
- The following services may be completed online:
- All initial certificates (Substitute, Standard Professional, CTE, STEM, Subject Matter Expert, Emergency, etc)
- All approved areas (Content area designations added to appropriate certificates)
- All endorsements (Specialization – content and student groups – added to appropriate certificates)
- Certificate renewal
- Transfers, deficiency removals, name change, and duplicate copy requests are not available through our online portal at this time. Please apply by mail to:
Arizona Department of Education – Certification Unit P.O. Box 6490 Phoenix, AZ 85005-6490
Thank you for your understanding.