ADE's Foster Care Education Department is ramping up it's Spring session of professional development. There will be topical trainings about the ESSA foster care provisions, transportation, collaboration with the child welfare agency, and the foster care items in Cycle 4 On-Site Monitoring.
Anyone vested in the education of children in foster care. The target audience includes Local Education Liaisons, Title I/Federal Program Directors, School & District Administrators, Grant Writers, Enrollment Personnel, Counselors, Social Workers, and Child Welfare Agency Caseworkers.
The Arizona Department of Education’s Foster Care Education Coordinator will offer these FREE trainings:
- ESSA Foster Care Topical Trainings – Feb. 28th, Mar. 5th, Mar. 7th, Mar. 21st, & Mar. 28th (See table)
- These 1.5 hr sessions will separately tackle topics relevant to Foster Care Education such as School of Origin, School Stability, ALEAT, and Collaboration with the child welfare agency.
Please see the training schedule below.
Other resources include:
- Local Liaison Resource Documents
- Foster Care 101 Power Point presentation
- Database of LEA Foster Care POC’s
Please register on the ADE Event Management System at:
(Registration closes 1 business day prior to the training)