Strengths Based Leadership
Strengths Based Leadership
“Excellence is the manifestation of talent through practice and learning” -Don Clifton
Strengths-based development is unique in that it builds on one’s areas of greatest potential rather than seeking to shore up weaknesses. There’s nothing wrong with being aware of your weaknesses and managing them, but your greatest opportunity for success lies in building on your natural talents – not in fixing your weaknesses.
People who focus on strengths have 7.8% greater productivity and teams who receive strengths feedback have 8.9% greater effectiveness.
The key to success is to fully understand how to apply your greatest talents and strengths in your everyday life. Through Elevate we provide opportunities to discover your talents, gain strategies for success and learn how to apply your talents to achieve strength in your role.
The CliftonStrengths Assessment is the greatest way to understand your talents and maximize your potential. The assessment consists of 177 questions (30 mins) in which you answer paired statements and choose the one that best describes you. The assessments measures your talents, your natural patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
To purchase the assessment click here: CliftonStrengths 34
Gallup's StrengthsFinder is comprised of 34 Talent Themes. Below is a short clip (2 min) of each talent theme to provide insight on common characteristics of each talent theme.
|Strategic Thinking||Relationship Building||Influencing||Executing|
Using your talent themes each day can help increase your efficiency and help you deliever excellence.
- Practical experience you need to manage your leadership reponsibilities confidently and effectively
- Actional insights into your own talents to help you optimize your strengths as a manager
- Strategies to individualize your management approach and develop your employees' talents to improve productivity
- Management tactics you can use to yield higher levels of performance from your employees
Creating an Engaging Workplace
- Promote and advocate for workplace engagement
- Guide manager through the engagement process over time
- Provide ongoing support to managers throughout the year
- Empower managers to take the necessary steps for creating engaged teams
- Provide developmental and consulting conversations
- Assess your level of strengths master
- Recognize the 7 CliftonStrengths developmental milestones
- Use the milestones to understand where clients are on thier path to strengths mastery
- Use the milestones to help clients overcome thier challenges
Gallup has 3 courses to support schoolwide implementation:
Design a Schoolwide Implementation Plan
Develop Student Strengths Course
Use Your Strengths as an Educator Course
Learn more about using Strengths-Based Leadership with Students: Click on the title that intersests you for a short video clip!