September is Suicide Prevention Awareness month; in Arizona, some 1,400 individuals die by suicide annually. But you can help. We have more resources than ever to offer community members to help everyone prevent suicides.
- Get trained. The Arizona Department of Education has free online suicide prevention training, including offerings in Spanish.
- Talk to someone. Resilient Arizona offers free crisis counseling to anyone in Arizona. Call 2-11 or visit: www.resilientarizona.org
- Visit the AHCCCS website for resources by priority population and county.
- Sign up for our monthly emails for updates on training, events, grants, and more.
- Invite our staff to tell you more. We have a team available to present (via Zoom) on suicide prevention. There is no cost involved.
- When in doubt, call the crisis line for next steps on how to help someone who may be suicidal.
- Maricopa County served by Mercy Care:
1-800-631-1314 or 602-222-9444
- Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma Counties served by Arizona Complete Health - Complete Care Plan:
- Apache, Coconino, Gila, Mohave, Navajo and Yavapai Counties served by Health Choice Arizona:
- Gila River and Ak-Chin Indian Communities:
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community: