SPED PROCEDURE INFO: Indicator 8 Parent Involvement Survey is Open
- Wed, Nov 13 2019 •
- Parent Involvement Survey
Dear Special Education Directors,
All school districts and charter schools are required to annually administer the State Performance Plan Indicator 8: Parent Involvement Survey. The survey is open now through May 31, 2020.
- Districts will distribute login codes to parents of their Private Day/Tuitioned-out students.
- Students over 18 years-of-age will take the survey, unless a parent has retained IEP rights. The parent who has retained special education rights will complete the survey, not the student.
- Secure Care facilities will administer the survey.
Start today! Log into ADEConnect – ESS Portal – ESS Data Surveys – Parent Involvement Survey. If you don’t have access to the survey application, or need to add additional users who should have the right to use this information and administer the survey, contact your entity ADEConnect administrator and ask to be assigned the ESS Parent Survey User Role.
The survey application displays links to:
- Survey Instructions for PEAs
- Survey Instructions for Families
- Student lists with login codes (Use the 2020-Parent Involvement Survey FY’20 list)
- Current Progress Report
- Annual Question-by-Question Reports
Regularly visit www.azed.gov/specialeducation/parent-involvement-survey-admin for additional information.
- Survey News
- FAQ: Participation Tips, Survey Instructions
- Family Engagement Strategies
Becky Raabe, Survey Coordinator