The ADE/ESS Professional Learning and Sustainability unit is pleased to announce two “grow your own” opportunities for educators in Arizona public schools.
- The General Education Teacher to Special Education Teacher (GETSET) program provides tuition reimbursement to certified general education teachers who want to pursue a career change to become certified in an area of special education.
- The Special Education Teacher Tuition Assistance (SETTA) program provides tuition reimbursement to paraprofessionals and educational interpreters that leads to special education teaching certification.
Certifications that satisfy the application requirements:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Hearing Impaired
- Visually Impaired
Materials for the GETSET application and the SETTA application are avilable online. LEAs have an opportunity to submit an application for one candidate per program. Applications earning the highest scores in the evaluation process will be approved until the funding that is set aside for the program is depleted. Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 16, 2021.
- Applicant must have been employed by the LEA for two full school years as of June 30, 2021.
- Applicant agrees to two full years of teaching in a special education capacity at the PEA once special education certification is achieved.
- Educational interpreters are now eligible to apply for the SETTA program (previously only available to paraprofessionals).
For any additional information, please email Aanya Rispoli or call (602) 364-4022.