The ADE Policy Development & Government Relations Office is focused on representing the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Department to all levels of local, state, and federal government.
Policy Development and Government Relations keeps policymakers informed of the Department’s perspective on issues affecting K-12 education, while keeping internal colleagues informed of what changes are necessary to comply with state or federal policy changes. Policy Development and Government Relations also develops and disseminates guidance and technical assistance to the Department’s external customers as necessary.
- Richie Taylor, Director of Communications, Policy & Government Relations
- Aaron Wonders, Deputy Associate Superintendent of Policy & Government Relations
- Courtney Acosta, Director of Policy and Legislative Affairs
- Peter Laing, Policy Advisor & Strategic Projects
- Maria Moroyoqui, Program Project Specialist (Policy & Communications Coordinator)