ARIZONA CAREER LITERACY
Career Literacy allows students to explore their passions and translate those passions into viable careers. It exposes students to a wide variety of careers, including those they may never have heard of. Career Literacy provides a pathway for students to create long-term goals as they make their way toward graduation and beyond.
NEW: Guide for Job Seekers and Workers with a Disability
- K-2 Career Literacy
- Career awareness includes an understanding of the world or work and the knowledge and skills needed for traditional and nontraditional jobs and careers.
- 2-4 Career Literacy
- Students become familiar with careers through learning that connects classroom instruction to future work. Career awareness strategies show students various types of careers and stimulate interest in future work.
- 5-8 Career Literacy
- Career exploration includes investigation of the contemporary workplace and an understanding of the relationships among personal abilities, education, and knowledge, and skills needed to pursue occupations and careers
- Arizona Curriculum Consortium
- Arizona Business and Education Coalition
- Arizona Commission for Post-Secondary Education
- [email protected]
- Jobs for the Future: Possible Futures
- Arizona GEAR-UP
- Junior Achievement
Don’t see your organization listed? Please contact [email protected]
Connecting with Community Partners
- Junior Achievement : https://www.jaaz.org/programs/ja-biztown/
- Junior Achievement – Biz Town
- EverFi : www.everfi.com
- EVERFI's digital curricula empower teachers to bring critical skills education into their classroom, setting students up for success in the real world, at no additional cost.
Have a good resource you’d like listed? Please contact [email protected]
Career Connections Program Specialist
Career and Technical Education / Arizona Department of Education
Phone: (602) 542-5540