#ACEproject- Submit A Story
Are you an educator with an inspiring story? Want to share why this is the most fulfilling, rewarding, and challenging profession?
Are you a student or parent who wants to share how an educator changed your life?
Are you a community member who wants to share why you support our #amAZing educators?
The ADE Recruitment and Retention team is looking for the following stories for our #ACEproject:
- Educators who went through the ranks, a volunteer, a paraprofessional, a teacher, a principal…
- Educators who were students and returned to work in a school they went to as children
- Uplifting stories about why education is the best profession
- Stories of challenges- why being an educator is difficult, the challenges beyond teaching content, the pressures of testing/reporting/etc… what is it truly like being in the classroom, and why do you stay?
- A real description of the growth in the profession, how much continuing education must be done, the professional learning, the observations, the changes to practice over the years, etc.
- Stories from rural Arizona, what is it like teaching in a remote area? What are the challenges/benefits?
- How did you make a difference in the life of a child?
- Share your perspective on being an educator from an underrepresented demographic-why it is important to have educators mirror the student population, and the importance for all students to have diverse perspectives from those who educate them.
- With the added challenge of school closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we would also like to hear stories about how educators are coping, rising to the occasion, and changing practice.
Submit your story here and a member of the Educator Recruitment and Retention team will contact you shortly.